Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Chemical Peel: a week later



A week ago, I got a mild chemical peel and was told my face would peel to the point of making me “unsightly.” I’m not sure the derm used enough of the acid (she said she’d start with a light application and see how it went), because my side-effects weren’t all that bad. I had some light peeling, but nothing unmanageable, let alone unsightly. I’m going again in a week and a half, so maybe the next round of chemicals will make more of an impression.

Here I am post peel, Monday night:










Forehead, sans zits!



Acid peels- more exhilarating than deep thoughts with Brad.

Although you can’t really tell in my do-it-yourself photos, my skin does look better now. The acne on my chin has diminished, and I can tell there aren’t any active breakouts anymore, just residue. My skin also feels smoother overall. I’m stoked for another round of this (I think they recommend a series of 5), and I may be able to squeeze in one more in March, before my big day.

On another note, I came home to a sparkling apartment last night because I kept my resolution to do a deep clean on the first Sunday of the month. Boo-ya.

2 comments: