Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chemical Peel: 48 hours later

Not much news to report- my chin area started flaking, which caused my classmates tonight to sort of glance down at my chin during our group discussions and then put a ton of effort into maintaining eye contact. This is what women with big boobs must feel like all the time.



Inchoate peel

You can see the tightness of the skin under my chin.




My face still feels tight and I'm a bit self-conscious because I can't put moisturizer on... but I'm keeping my eye on the prize and I'm not too worried about how I look at work.

One exciting thing on the horizon for this weekend, other than finding out what my face is going to look like, is that a bunch of my friends from high school are going to come kick it with Dave and me and have a straight ahead jam session in his man cave. One of the gang is a certifiable musician and optimistically sent us an email with 50 attachments of songs he created sheet music to. I asked him to give me the dumbed-down version of the bass line to Ball and Chain and Story of My Life, which he graciously did, and I don't think he even had to dumb it down that much. So I'll totally be able to rock that!

I'm scrolling through my humble music library and picking out some songs that would be fun for us to play... any ideas? Since they're all dudes, I'm trying to figure out who'd be game to sing Amy Winehouse... oh god, or Gaga!! There will be a keyboard and lots of booze present... so anything's possible. Thinking back to the whimsical jam sessions in the hallways of college, Wild Horses and Sweet Jane are also good go-to group songs. I'm so looking forward to this.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry, can't help you with music - but perhaps a little Joplin. You know "Bobby McGee" or "Lord Won't you Buy Me a Mercedes Benz".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christ Tiff just do Acutane. It wont stunt your growth at this point and itll take care of all your skin problems forever. That shit saved my life and did wonders for both your and my brothers. Whoever invented that shit deserves a noble prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Accutane is an interesting idea, though I think I can only try it after everything else has failed. A quick internet search produced a list of side effects that I think may explain why the docs make you exhaust all other avenues first:

    Eye Irritation
    Skin Infection
    Joint Pain
    Tenderness of the Bones
    Rash
    Nosebleed
    Dry Eye
    Dryness of the Nose
    Dry Mouth
    Inflammation of the Lips
    Sun-Sensitive Skin
    Abnormal Peeling of Skin
    Hair Loss
    Dry Skin
    Low Energy
    Head Pain

    Beyond that, because I'm a chick, I would have to take a pregnancy test 30 days before I start using it and another test for each prescription refill, above and beyond signing a pledge that I'll use two forms of birth control. I knew this drug was serious but didn't realize it was this gnar-gnar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed on Sunday morning in Mammoth that your skin looked like a BABY--smooth and glowing right after you woke up, I should have told you!

    Please don't scare me with thoughts of fillers in our 30s. I am already here and already notice crows' feet but am resolved to remain natural as long as possible. I am actually more worried about puffiness under my eyes (my eyes are huge and this can be really pronounced for me)--but have found a wonder-potion from Origins that helps a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa, you're so sweet to say that- though I have to wonder if you were starting to feel delirious from the Ward flu that was going around!!

    ReplyDelete