Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

I’m turning 30 on March 26, 2011, and I want to remember this year as being the one where I kick ass and take names. I don’t want to let this birthday pass quietly- I’m going to take a running start and leap into this damn decade with confidence, vigor and if I can help it, without the chub on my triceps flapping. To this aim, I created resolutions, like most people do. They’re not particularly original or inspiring. They mostly involve my looks and my money. However, unlike most people, I’m going to chronicle my progress toward my goals in this pseudo-public forum. You don’t have to be interested, you just have to possibly exist. That way, I’ll feel like I’m breaking a gym date if I don’t post regularly. Also, I’ll have a handy personal journal I can look at and reflect on when I’m, you know, even older.

First, I’ll post about the goals I’ve come up with for self-improvement in 2011. They kind of revolve around a few major themes: money, body, brain and home. The rest of my posts will be proof of my progress, and anything else that seems particularly noteworthy about my life as I turn 30, and stay 30. I’m in a good place at 29, but I know it can only get better. Let's get it on!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read it. I'm rooting for you sister! Alma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are fabulous in your twenties and you will be even fabber (note, NOT Flabbier) in your 30s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, your an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete